numaXPiano 88 keys Noises

• Hakman
  • Membro: Guest
  • Risp: 0
  • Loc:

02-10-23 09.08

I have the numaXPiano 88 keys, why is it when pressing on the sustain pedal I hear noise without playing anything on the keys specially when choosing sounds like Pianos and Elec Pianos
it is very disturbing noise.
  • maxpiano69
  • Membro: Staff
  • Risp: 24619
  • Loc: Torino

02-10-23 09.20

@ Hakman
I have the numaXPiano 88 keys, why is it when pressing on the sustain pedal I hear noise without playing anything on the keys specially when choosing sounds like Pianos and Elec Pianos
it is very disturbing noise.
Hi and welcome, this forum is in Italian in general, but we can answer you anyway: what you hear is "the pedal noise" component of Pianos (Acoustic and Electric) of the NXP, triggered by the sustain pedal; you can lower or even zero it by adjusting its level (enter the settings of the Zone where the piano sound is and you will see it, under the fourth knob if I remember well). Consider also that using an on/off damper pedal will give no control over Pedal Noise dynamics (always 100%), while a Continuous damper like Roland DP10 or Yamaha FC3 would.

Note: the pedal noise remains active even if the zone is turned off, so if you have a zone with a Piano sound you need to zero its pedal noise even if inactive; some users have highlighted this to Studiologic, we'll see if something changes in a future firmware update.

PS: on Facebook there is a good international group of NXP and NC 2/2X users